Bourbon Offshore DNT owns ROV systems built by world leaders. The fleet is multi-functional and offers great flexibility. Systems are safe for both people and environment, and efficient.
The company maintains and uses high quality ROVs and ancillary equipment, with a fairly standardized fleet which is able to offer maximum versatility:
- 3 Saab-Seaeye FALCON: lightweight, low cost, highly mobile Observer Class, recommended for inspection, survey, diving assistance and WROV assistance
- 1 Saab-Seaeye COUGAR: Free Swimming light WROV, recommended for inspection, survey, diving assistance in the shallow water range (600 msw)
- 2 Saab-Seaeye COUGAR XT: Deepwater light WROV capable of inspection, survey, diving assistance and light (electric) construction works in deeper water (up to 2000 msw)
- 10 FMC Schilling HD (150 HP) WROV recommended for high-end inspection, survey, construction and well intervention works in deep water (up to 3000 msw).
- 3 FMC Schilling UHD (200 HP) WROV recommended for top level inspection, survey, construction and well intervention works in deep and ultra-deep water (up to 3000 or 4000 msw).
The company is developing on a steady basis. 2014 saw a priority on WROV acquisitions. The coming years could witness a more balanced light-WROV and heavy-duty WROV development plan.
The FALCON and COUGAR offer electrical tooling capabilities and are mostly free-swimming types. They are less automated but more flexible to mobilize and operate and, as such, answer the requirements of many customers. We also take advantage of their simplicity to train their younger ROV technicians to fly basic, non-assisted systems and really learn how to behave during dives: in control of – and not dependent on – the newer systems’ sophisticated capabilities.
The FMC Schilling heavy-duty WROV have highly computerized automation and maintenance, and auxiliary hydraulic capabilities. They are recommended for construction and other high end works in deep and ultra-deep water ranges, and are fitted with state-of-the-art equipment : a large tooling capability, deep-water dynamic-positioning to ensure precision stability and operator comfort during long deep dives, the latest-generation multiplex system to transmit a high quality signal, high-definition cameras, etc.